Forks off Eddy Road
53.2586 N 120.122 W Google — GeoHack
Roads are not in the official geographical names databases
John Wheeler (1918-1986) and Marilyn Wheeler moved to Eddy Road near McBride in 1958, where they developed a farm. John was born in England, served in the British military in World War II, and worked as newspaper reporter and teacher before moving to Canada in 1955.
After five years teaching at the McBride high school, John became principal of the McBride elementary school, a post from which he retired in 1974. From 1962 until 1975, he was stipendary magistrate and judge.
Marilyn was president of the McBride Farmers’ Institute. She served several terms as area director of the Regional District of Fraser-Ft. George and produced a history book of the area.
- Robson Valley Courier. Weekly newspaper published by Pyramid Press of Jasper from 1968–88 (1968–1988).
- Wheeler, Marilyn. The Robson Valley Story. McBride, B.C.: Sternwheeler Press, 1983