Flows E into North Thompson River, S of junction with Albreda River
52°23’00” N 119°11’00” W — Map 83D/6 — Google — GeoHack
Name officially adopted in 1962. Official in BC — Canada
Labelled “Gravel Creek” on 1911 survey plan and on BC map 3J, 1917; labelled “Pleasant Stream” on CNR plan, 1912. “Gravel Creek” adopted in the 1930 BC Gazetteer. Name changed to “Chappel [sic] Creek” 29 January 1962.
Renamed Chappel [sic] Creek 25 January 1944 by F.C. Green, Surveyor-General of BC, after B.T. Chappell, superintendant of various western districts for Canadian National Railways. He started his railway career as news agent at Charlottetown on ICR in 1892; supervised the construction of the CNR line into Vancouver; appointed superintendant of Mountain Division, CNR, 1915; retired in 1942 as General Superintendant of Manitoba District with headquarters at Winnipeg. January 1944 letter from B.T. Chappell (file M.1.60).
- British Columbia Geographical Names. Government of BC. BCGN