E of Jasper on Canadian National Railway
53°5’52” N 117°59’39” W — Map 083F04 — Google — GeoHack
Earliest known reference to this name is 1912 (GTP map)
Not currently an official name.
Grand Trunk Pacific Railway station built in 1913. Abandoned on site in 1921; turned over to Parks Department in 1923, for use as base for Park fire rangers.
This station appears on:
Interlaken was between Jasper House and Henry House on the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway. Possibly situated between Jasper Lake and Talbot Lake.
Bohi records it as being in Edson Division, Pocahontas Branch, of the
Canadian National Railway, originally a Type E Depot (Plan100-152) built by the GTP in 1913. Abandoned on site in 1921; turned over to Parks Department in 1923, for use as base for Park fire rangers.
(Interlaken is a resort town located between two lakes in the mountainous Bernese Oberland region of central Switzerland, the home town of guides Edouard Feuz, Jr., and Gottfried Feuz, who worked in Canada.)
- Bridgland, Morrison P. [1878–1948]. “Report of the Chief Mountaineer [Yoho camp].” Canadian Alpine Journal, Vol. 1 (1907):131. Alpine Club of Canada
- Bohi, Charles W., and Kozma, Leslie S. Canadian National’s Western Stations. Don Mills, Ontario: Fitzhenry & Whiteside, 2002