Forks off McBride Road South
53.3094 N 120.1816 W Google — GeoHack
Roads are not in the official geographical names databases
The road is probably named after Regina-born Robert Barnes (1907–1971) who married Gladys Jeck of McBride in 1945. In 1947 they moved to the vicinity of McBride. Barnes served in the Royal Canadian Ordinance Corps from 1941 to 1946. He was a member of the Royal Canadian Legion, and worked on the CNR.
Calgary-born Frank Barnes (b. 1928) came to Crescent Spur in 1955 to manage the Nance Lumber Company’s planer mill. After the mill closed in 1965, Barnes logged, operated a sawmill, and contracted road building and land clearing.
- Wheeler, Marilyn. The Robson Valley Story. McBride, B.C.: Robson Valley Story Group, 1979