Cushing Creek

British Columbia. Creek: Fraser River drainage
Flows N into Morkill River E of Mount Bagg
53.6714 N 120.3644 W — Map 093H09 — GoogleGeoHack
Name officially adopted in 1925
Official in BCCanada
This creek appears on:
Pre-emptor’s map Tête Jaune 1931

Adopted in 1925 and so-labelled on Boundary Commission Sheet 36, published in 1925 from surveys of 1923.

Nearby triangulation station “Cushing” is labelled on the 1925 sheet, although it had been identified as “Swanson” on preliminary maps and in the report of the Alberta-British Columbia Boundary Commission (Vol III, p.50). Apparently the creek had been tentatively labelled “Swanson Creek” on preliminary sheet #36 (Ottawa file OBF 0897).

Named after A. B. Cushing, holder of timber licenses along the creek and a large lumber retailer in Calgary.


  • Wheeler, Arthur Oliver [1860–1945], and Cautley, Richard William [1873–1953]. Report of the Commission Appointed to Delimit the Boundary between the Provinces of Alberta and British Columbia. Part iii-a. topographical surveys of the watershed. 1922, 1923, 1924. Ottawa: Office of the Surveyor General, 1925. Whyte Museum

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *