Flows N into Fraser River, S of Longworth
53°52’00” N 121°26’00” W — Map 93H/14 — Google — GeoHack
Name officially adopted in 1923. Official in BC
This name was approved by the Geographic Board of Canada in 1923.
Perhaps it was named after Alfred Driscol, who became a Dominion Land Surveyor in 1872. In 1893 he served on a preliminary Alaska-Canada boundary survey, and in 1905 surveyed the Victoria Trail out of Edmonton. As early as 1917 he suggested that the abandoned railway grade between Edmonton and Jasper offered a foundation for a highway, and with Charles H. Grant, president of the Edmonton Good Roads Association, agitated for a road to Jasper. His last year of active practice as a surveyor was 1931. There is no indication that he ever worked in the Robson Valley.
- MacGregor, James Grierson [1905-1989]. Pack Saddles to Tête Jaune Cache. Toronto: McClelland and Stewart, 1962
- Andrews, Gerald Smedly. Professional land surveyors of British Columbia. Cumulative nominal roll. Victoria: Corporation of Land Surveyors of British Columbia, 1978
- Yellowhead Pass and its people. Valemount, B.C.: Valemount Historic Society, 1984
- British Columbia Geographical Names. Driscoll Creek