Province: British Columbia
Location: CNR, N of Fraser River, near Hungary Creek
NTS map: 93H/14
Official name listed at BC Geographical Names
The name was submitted to the Geographical Board of Canada by Sir Alfred Waldron Smithers (1850–1924), chairman of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway during construction of the rail link. Perhaps it is named for one of the Longworths in England. The post office opened in October, 1915.
- Canadian Permanent Committee on Geographical Names. British Columbia representative: D.F. Pearson, director of surveys and mapping, B.C. Ministry of Environment, Victoria..