NW of Goat River station, SW of Crescent Spur
53°31’00” N 120°40’00” W — Map 93H/10 — Google — GeoHack
Official in BC
American businessman J. LaSalle (or Laselle), in partnership with Willian F. Cook and Nick S. Clark, purchased the South Fort George townsite in 1909.
Ellice Blackman of Tête Jaune has photographs of caribou trophies “procured by Joe LaSalle party, 1915, McBride.”
A small tributary of Goat River between North Star Creek and Milk River was formerly identified as La Salle Creek, but the name was cancelled in 1965 because of its close proximity to Laselle Creek. At the same time, the spelling Leselle was changed to La Salle to be consistent with the La Salle Lakes across the Fraser River.
- British Columbia Geographical Names. La Salle Lakes
- Canadian Federation of University Women. Prince George, British Columbia. Street names. A-Z.. Prince George, B.C.: Canadian Federation of University Women, Prince George branch, 1970
- Wheeler, Marilyn. The Robson Valley Story. McBride, B.C.: Robson Valley Story Group, 1979