Former park on N side of Doré River on Museum Road
53°20’00” N 120°12’00” W — Map 93H/8 — Google — GeoHack
Name officially adopted in 1955
Not currently an official name
Established as a Class C provincial park primarily for the use and enjoyment of local residents in 1955.
In June 1969, Helena Lonsdale, secretary of the McBride Community Park, wrote a letter to the editor urging development of the park for the tourists expected as the highway to Prince George neared completion. Help at a clean-up day included George Monroe, 84, who split firewood.
Provincial status was cancelled in February 1976 and transferred to the village of McBride. The park was discontinued in the 1980s as it was being used as a late-night party venue.
- Robson Valley Courier. Weekly newspaper published by Pyramid Press of Jasper from 1968–88 (1968–1988).