Yellowhead Lake to Prince George
Not currently an official name.
John Arrowsmith’s map BC 1859
Trutch’s map of BC 1871
Pre-emptor’s map Tête Jaune 3H 1919
The name Fraser River was formally adopted by the Geographic Board of Canada in 1910, as long-identified on maps and in journals. The name was reapproved in 1915 to specifically identify as the main source the channel sometimes known as the South Fork Fraser River (the portion between Yellowhead Lake and Prince George, as indicated on John Arrowsmith’s 1859 map of British Columbia.