British Columbia. Railway Point
CNR, SE of Longworth, NW of Guilford
53°53’00” N 121°22’00” W — Map 93H/14 — GoogleGeoHack
Earliest known reference to this name is 1911 (GTP map)
Name officially adopted in 1984
Not currently an official name
163 miles west of the Yellowhead Pass on the Canadian National Railway
Mile 75 in Fraser Subdivision (McBride to Prince George)
This station appears on a Grand Trunk Pacific map from 1911.
This station appears on a Grand Trunk Pacific map from around 1912.
This station appears on a Grand Trunk Pacific timetable (1208 miles from Winnipeg) from 1914.

Torsten Berg was the only one to operate a sawmill at Lindup. The mill operated from 1949 to 1952, at which time his timber supply ran out and he moved the mill to Longworth. The timber at Lindup was of nice quality and of good size. Torsten was awarded the contract to supply planks 26 feet long, for the podium for Queen Elizabeth’s coronation in 1952.

The population of Lindup peaked at about 50 people in 1929 and dwindled dramatically the Depression. In 1931 the Prince George Citizen reported that a large relief camp of 100 men were clearing and grubbing road right of way.

Lindup in 2014 does not have any residents and is on a seasonal road that is susceptible to weather restrictions.


  • Olson, Raymond W. Ghost Towns on the East Line. Prince George, B.C.: Raymond W. Olson, 2017

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *