Province: British Columbia
Location: Flows SE into Fraser River near Lamming Mills
NTS map: 93H/8
Official name listed at BC Geographical Names
The George Monroe decided to homestead as he rafted down the Fraser in 1914 has “always been called Tumbledick,” according to his daughter Sadie Frye. The name appears on the 1915 Provincial Pre-emptor’s map. “Near the creek was Ralph Veale’s little white cabin, made of boards when most houses were made of logs.” Tumbledick Creek is a small branch of Monroe Creek.
The stream flowing southwest through Lot 5341 into the Fraser River is labelled “Tumbledick Creek” on BC map 3H, Tete Jaune, 1914, 1915, 1919, 1923, 1931, 1947, 1951 & 1958. Sketch to accompany first water licence application [date not cited] identifies this as “East Tumbledick (Monroe) Creek.” This main channel has since been re-named Monroe Creek and the name “Tumbledick” assigned to a tributary on the north side.
- Wheeler, Marilyn. The Robson Valley Story. McBride, B.C.: Robson Valley Story Group, 1979