On CNR between Dunster and Shere
53°04’00” N 119°43’00” W — Map 83E/4 — Google — GeoHack
Earliest known reference to this name is 1911 (GTP map)
Name officially adopted in 1983
Official in BC – Canada
Mile 37 in Tete Jaune Subdivision (Red Pass to McBride)
This station appears on a Grand Trunk Pacific map from 1911.
This station appears on a Grand Trunk Pacific map from around 1912.
This station appears on a Grand Trunk Pacific timetable (1108 miles from Winnipeg) from 1914.
The name appears on the 1915 land pre-emptor’s map of the McBride area. Etter and McDougal Lumber operated an 80-man sawmill at Croydon until 1919, when a brush fire spread to the yard. Sandy McDougal allowed the Croydon school board to use an old bunk house for the school. Contributions from Croydon, England, made possible the construction of an Anglican Church and burial grounds in 1935.
The Croydon post office was open from 1917 to 1968.
- Wheeler, Marilyn. The Robson Valley Story. McBride, B.C.: Robson Valley Story Group, 1979
- Haralson, Doris Neely. Northland Echoes. Yarrow, B.C.: Published by the author, Box 31, 1981
- Topping, William. A checklist of British Columbia post offices. Vancouver: published by the author, 7430 Angus Drive, 1983