E of Berg Lake, NE of Mount Robson
53°08’00” N 119°07’00” W — Map 83E/3 — Google — GeoHack
Official in BC –
From his vantage on Mumm Peak, Arthur Wheeler described the rugged ridge running from the centre of Mount Robson’s north-east face. “The ridge ends in a semi-detached rock mass, aptly named by Coleman ‘Rearguard.’”
Arthur Coleman explored in the area in 1908. George R. B. Kinney, a member of Coleman’s party, claimed to have named the mountain.
- Coleman, Arthur Philomen [1852-1939]. The Canadian Rockies: new and old trails. London: T. Fisher Unwin, 1911. Internet Archive
- Wheeler, Arthur Oliver [1860-1945]. “The mountains of the Yellowhead Pass.” Alpine Journal, Vol. 26, No.198 (1912):382
- Kinney, George R. B. [1872-1961]. London, England: Royal Geographical Society Archives. Letter to Arthur Hinks (1917).